Live Roulette Guide
Have you always wanted to give online roulette spin but don’t know where to start? Online casino games like live roulette can seem a little daunting if you’re unsure what the rules of the wheel are, but once you’re familiar with the basics, you’ll pick up the game in no time. The game is steeped in history, having been played all over the world for over 200 years, originating in Paris. Its reputation and crowd have grown considerably since its humble beginnings and live roulette is now one of the most popular games. If you play it on our site then you will also qualify for our outstanding welcome offer.
Live Roulette Basics
You can go for 1:1 bets or you can bet on bigger odds if you’re comfortable and willing to take bigger risks. There are a number of options of how you’d like to place your bets, here are some of the most common available on Cozino:
- Single number
There are many more betting options, and you may also want to place several bets in one round if you’d like to increase your odds.
The Roulette Wheel, Table & Pay Outs
Each game will begin with the spin of the roulette wheel, rolling the ball on the inner edge of the roulette wheel, in the opposite direction of which the wheel is spun. The number the ball eventually lands on determines the payouts of the game.
Placing your Bets in Live Roulette
There are different ways to win, with three types of bets: the inside bet, outside bet and the racetrack. If you are looking for a more simple game to relax, check out our slot games.
This is where bets are on the inside of the numbers and there are five types of inside bets:
- Line: bets on six numbers next to one another simultaneously
- Straight-Up: bets on a single number
- Split: bets on two numbers next to one another, either horizontally or vertically
- Corner: bets on four numbers in a square shape
- Street: bets on three numbers in a horizontal line
This is where you place your bets on boxes that surround the inner field numbered 1-36. You have five options here:
- Odd/Even: betting on either odd or even numbers, with a payout 1:1
- Black/Red: betting on either black or red, with a payout 1:1
- Low/High: betting on either low numbers or high numbers; low numbers comprising 1-18 and high numbers comprising 19-36.
- Dozen: betting on 12 numbers all in three rows consecutively, with a payout of 2:1
- Column: betting on 1/3 rows vertically (right, middle and left). This has a payout of 2:1 and you bet 12 numbers simultaneously.
The Racetrack Betting Option
The racetrack is perfect for betting on sections but is usually an option for players who have more experience on the roulette wheel. A section on a roulette wheel comprises a series of numbers adjacent to one another and it is tactful to place your bets on a certain section if you think that the roulette ball may fall on certain numbers next to each other. There are four different sections to play on:
- Orphelins: covering two spaces on the wheel, from 17-6 as well as 1-9
- Tiers du Cylindre: 27-33 on the roulette wheel
- Zero Spiel: the numbers around the 0, numbers 12-15.
- Voisins du Zero: saving the biggest until last – this section is number 22 all the way around to 25, covering a grand total of 12 numbers plus seven chips!
If, however, you are after a lot of cash fast, then you should check out our jackpot games.