Legend of the Pharaohs
Legend of the Pharaohs by Barcrest is a 5 reel, 20 payline Egyptian themed online slots games. Features players will get to enjoy in the slot include; Wild symbols, 3×3 Colossal Symbols, Win Eliminators on every free spin, Wild Reels and a Free Spins feature that starts you off with 10 free spins where you are offered up to 3 bonus extras on each one. The Big Bet feature has been doing rounds in a lot of slots lately and it makes an appearance here too.
Players will have to part with up to £50 to be able to enjoy 5 linked spins where free spins are awarded and access to Mega Pharaoh’s Bonus feature is granted. In the bonus feature, players will enjoy huge cash prizes and also get to access the Free Spins feature more frequently. Start your stakes in this 2020 casino online from 20p to £500 a spin on all iOS and Android tablets, smartphones and desktop devices.
To learn more read the full review below, but if this game is not your thing, you could instead try some top casino site games or casino roulette instead!
Legends of the Pharaohs Free Spins & Gameplay
Barcrest Legend of the Pharaohs slot has got some simple cartoon style visuals. Symbols on the reels include low value Egyptian hieroglyph symbols, a wild and a scatter. Winning combinations in the game are formed when players land 3 or more matching symbols on adjacent reels i.e. left to right. Legend of the Pharaohs is centered on the Free Spins feature.
- Free Spins feature -the Free Spins feature is triggered when 3 or more pyramid scatters appear anywhere on the reels. 3 scatters reward you 10 free spins plus 1 bonus extra while 4 scatters reward you 10 free spins plus 2 bonus extras. If 5 scatters appear, you will be rewarded 10 free spins plus 3 bonus extras.
- The bonus extras you receive include Colossal Symbols where 1 symbol is randomly chosen to transform into a 3×3 colossal symbol. The colossal symbol ends up covering all the 9 positions on the 3 reels in the middle. This goes for all the free spins rounds or once another bonus extra is awarded. There’s also the Win Eliminators where low value symbols are removed from the reels starting off with the 10-card symbol onwards. Up to 5 low value symbols will be eliminated from the reels to make way for bigger wins.
- Wild Reels can also be awarded. They start to form when the wild symbol transforms into an entire wild reel. This can hold for the rest of the feature. Finally, there’s also the Wild symbols where a symbol is chosen at random and ends up turning into a wild.
- Any pyramid scatters that appear during the free spins will help you retrigger the feature. All you need is 1, 2 or 3 pyramid scatter symbols to end up with 1, 2 or 3 bonus extras. You can easily be awarded a new number of free spins together with up to 3 bonus extras at once. You will also be offered the option to continue with your current number of free spins and (if any) bonus extra or choose more free spins with a new bonus extra.
- Big Bet feature -the Big Bet feature is common in Barcrest slots. Players will receive 5 linked spins for a higher price. The following options are offered; -The £20 option where players collect pyramids to receive 5 free spins with each extra pyramid landing on the reels awarding you 5 extra free spins. -The £30 option where players will collect pyramids in exchange for free spins. Any 2 feature symbols that appear will activate the Pharaoh Bonus feature. You are offered a spin of the wheel to be able to qualify for cash bonuses, a segment that ends the game or a trigger feature. -The £40 option works just like the £20 option and the £30 option, except that the Super Pharaoh’s feature can be activated. The wheel appears to offer even bigger cash prizes as well as a chance to trigger the free spins feature frequently. -The £50 option works just like the £40 option, but the Mega Pharaoh’s feature is more active. The prizes offered are even bigger and the Free Spins feature segment is also that much more exciting.
Players will be happy to note that the return to player percentage (RTP %) is higher when the Big Bet feature is activated. Usually it will sit at 98.1%, whereas it would be at 96.1% in normal mode. If the above are not enough to get you playing this slot, then you should check out our jackpot video slots instead.
Barcrest – the Developer of Legends of the Pharaohs
Barcrest is a UK slot manufacturer with a long history dating back to the 60s. At one point a large percentage of slots in UK pubs and casinos were all by Barcrest. Barcrest had its best days in the 70’s to 90’s when every bar you’d frequent had the Barcrest mark in some way, shape or form. This was also a time before the internet became the new mode for slot gaming. Barcrest was bought by IGT in 1998, then later acquired by Scientific Games in 2011. Recent Barcrest titles are excellent and even worthy of competing with the best slots released by newcomers in the industry. Barcrest has remained an innovator when it comes to slot development. They tend to include break out bonuses and unique board game type rounds in their games. You can enjoy Barcrest slots at a variety of online casinos.
Last Notes on Legends of the Pharaohs
By now, you understand why earlier, we said Legend of the Pharaohs by Barcrest is centered on the Free Spins feature. Barcrest really gave this slot their unique touch by introducing a free spins feature that births other bonus features. This one has up to 3 of them. If 4 or 5 scatters land on the reels, you will end up benefitting from 2 or 3 bonus extras. Your favourite bonus extras will definitely include the Wild Reels and Colossal Symbols. If a wild appears as a colossal symbol then turns into a wild reel, imagine the possibilities your resulting payout could end up as. You won’t find a lot of other medium variance slots out there like this one. Give it a chance and a big spin or try Jack in a Pot instead.