Spartacus Gladiator of Rome is a Colossal Reels slots that consists of double reels (5×4 and 5×12) and 100 pay lines in total. It is based on one of the greatest of all time, Spartacus who went from a lowly slave leader to Rome’s top gladiator. Features you will get to enjoy in this slot include; free spins, wilds, etc. The Free Spin feature in the game wins you up to 20 free spins where the Spartacus wild will appear stacked in the main reel set and then get transferred over to the Colossal Reel set.
The number of slots games free spins you win depends on how many free spin symbols are triggered within the feature. It also determines which multiplier will be applied to any winning pay-outs.
Spartacus Free Spins & Gameplay
The fact that Spartacus Gladiator of Rome is a Colossal Reels set has had many punters shying away from spinning the reels. However, the Colossal Reels layout can be highly rewarding. Symbols on the reels include a series of gems in different colours, a lion, Spartacus himself, a female gladiator, a wild, various weapons, etc. If any stacked wild symbols appear on the 5×4 reel set, they will end up transferring over to the Colossal Reel set. If a wild reel hits on the 5×4 reel set, it transfers over to the Colossal Reel set and expands to end up taking over the entire reel. This provides players with more chances to form even bigger wins. The highlight of this slot is definitely the Free Spins feature, which makes it amongst the most popular recent casino games.
- Free Spins feature – The Free Spins feature is triggered when 3 or more Coliseum symbols appear on both the 5×4 reel set and the Colossal Reel set (i.e. the 1st, 3rd and 5th reels on both reel sets). The number of Coliseum symbols you get determines how many free spins you are rewarded where you get; -8 free spins and a double multiplier on your stake for 3 Coliseum symbols -12 free spins and a 5x multiplier on your stake for 4 Coliseum symbols -20 free spins and a 20x multiplier on your stake for 5 Coliseum symbols The Spartacus wild symbol is active throughout the Free Spins feature as it appears stacked on the main reel set turning all the 4 positions on the reels wild. It then transfers over to the Colossal Reels ending up turning the reel completely wild. Keep an eye out for the Coliseum symbol during the free spins feature because 3 or more could end up rewarding you with additional free spins. If you manage to land 5 high value symbols, some big amounts could be possible.
WMS – the Developer of Spartacus Slots
Williams Interactive, also known WMS, is a subsidiary fully owned by Scientific Game Corporation that has been operating since 1994. Their main headquarters are located in Waukegan, Illinois. Some of the online casino 2021 products created by the company have ended up shifting gambling trends from standard mechanical slots, to highly intellectual games with different properties. WMS is famous for coming up with new ways to decide pay-outs. Since the late 19th century, themes & symbols used in mechanical slot reels were mostly limited to card values, black bars, horseshoes, the Liberty Bell, fruits, card suits, and bells & stars. The company introduced the Reel ‘em In casino slot that could offer multi-coin and multi-line secondary bonuses.
It was the first of its kind and it definitely had audiences intrigued. With the passing of time, the company continued to create. They released other similar slot games like Jackpot Party, Boom & Filthy Rich, etc. which were equally as good as Reel ‘em In. This solidified their reputation and allowed them to grow. By 2001, they had started releasing “participation” slots based on Monopoly themes which ended up significantly increasing both its sales and profits. Ever since, they have continued to obtain the required gaming licenses and emerged into one of the top gaming equipment manufacturers resulting from the connections they’ve got with so many popular brands.
Other Slot Games by WMS
They derive most of their revenue from the US which holds a huge chunk of their fanbase. WMS is a huge company that has been operating for several years so they have smaller bases of operations spread across the globe. They have field services, sales and development offices located all over the US, but they’ve also got international facilities in many countries including Argentina, Australia, China, the UK, India, Austria, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, Spain and the Netherlands. If you’re wondering which WMS slots to start with, go ahead and give these ones a spin;
- Invaders from the Planet Moolah
- Bruce Lee Dragon’s Tale
- Wonder Woman Bullets & Bracelets
- Riders of the Storm
- Desert Cats
- Alice & The Mad Tea Party
- Monopoly Once Around Deluxe
Last Notes on Spartacus
Any punters out there itching to journey to Ancient Rome? Spartacus Gladiator of Rome by WMS will ensure you get there. This game pays perfect homage to one of the greatest warriors of all time. Players may not even notice the lack of bonus features as they will be too preoccupied by the game’s one and only killer feature. The Free Spins feature can be extremely profitable if you’re lucky, especially when you can manage to land 20 free spins. Remember that the number of free spins you receive is determined by how many Coliseum symbols triggered the round. Also, there is a multiplier value applied for each level/tier of free spins. For the 20 free spins you’ll win, you will get a 20x multiplier applicable for all rounds. You could leave with a heavy bankroll from this game.